Chicken depressed, straining and clucking while pooping watery white poo

Chickenmamametz

Hatching
May 1, 2021
Hey all. First time backyard chicken keeping with some past experience with chickens. My younger chicken ate some spoiled food 2-3 weeks ago and still isn’t back to herself. She’s always been docile but you can tell something is wrong. Based on what I can find I think it is vent gleet?. 4 days ago we noticed poo stuck to her behind, nothing near as awful as the pictures one finds online of this condition. I’ve been offering a tablespoon or so of yogurt with probiotics, acv water, and she has had 3 epsom salt soaks and 2 treatments with anti-fungal cream. So far she doesn’t seem much better, though she perked up the first day after the ACV water and yogurt. Tonight I felt her over after cleaning her bottom and applying the cream. No odd bumps or lumpS. Crop empty besides some grit. The other 3 chickens are perky and happy: while she sulks and does an odd clucking when she passes a few drops of whitish watery poop pretty often and try’s to mess with her bum/butt feathers. Just not sure what else to do and she’s losing a bit of weight. Nobody in my area treats chickens for some reason. She is a black asterlop and I think she is 7-8 months old though not to sure. She hasn’t laid an egg yet. They all have acces to grit and are feed fermented feed, dried mealworms,safe kitchen scraps(I’ve been very careful since the spoiled food incident) and garden weeds. They also have a supplement mixed with their waYet.

Back
Top Bottom