Chicken dieing due to seizure or being hit by the broom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wsw trying to get to him but it was to late when the hen got away from him he was flopping with his eyes open I hit him with the broom before but not hard enough to kill him for doing the same thing

The seizure was likely caused by the impact of the broom so it's the same thing. Sounds like it just hit him in the wrong spot and maybe ruptured something.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically the broom slipping out of my hand is hitting him? The broom slipped out of my hand and the plastic end of it hit him not the part that has the brushes on it I was bringing the broom to clean up the mess that he made in my room

Something similar happened to me but I was outside feeding my chickens and a rooster attacked me from behind and i swung the plastic cup I had in my hand and I guess it hit him on the head and he started flopping all over the place. He then stopped and I thought he had died. Left him alone for a bit and felt really bad, but then all of sudden he got back up and started yelling as he was frightened. I don't know what you would call it, but that's what my experience was.
Concussion?

Unfortunately people hit animals with all sorts of objects.
It is easy to get angry when watching a rooster, or cockerel mate with a hen if your perception of these creatures behavior is human based.
Lots of people here write about kicking roosters of their hens. Lots of people here kill cockerels and roosters for what they see as aggressive behavior towards hens.
It's done now.
What I want to say is eat what you kill!
Get someone to prepare the rooster for you and cook him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom