Chicken doing somersaults, looses consciousness, and back to normal.

A poison or toxin is possible. I agree with trying to supplement vitamins to see if you get improvement. Epilepsy does happen in chickens. If that's going on then sometimes it can be triggered by stress (encompasses a lot), surprise, flashing light or light changing from bright to shadow.
Here is a thread on another site, similar, seems like medication helped control it but then the bird wouldn't eat.
http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8014143

Malta. So what kind of poisonous insects like spiders etc. do you have in Malta?
Mosquitos and bees mainly... Is that a possibility?
Also... Come to think of it... She does have a different smell recently but I assumed that it can be since we are giving her fruit and vegetables. Can it mean anything else?

A poison or toxin is possible. I agree with trying to supplement vitamins to see if you get improvement. Epilepsy does happen in chickens. If that's going on then sometimes it can be triggered by stress (encompasses a lot), surprise, flashing light or light changing from bright to shadow.
Here is a thread on another site, similar, seems like medication helped control it but then the bird wouldn't eat.
http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8014143
This actually makes a lot of sense... I am trying to sort out a vet visit as someone just gave me a vet's number who is knowledgeable on chickens... Fingers crossed!

Mosquitos and bees mainly... Is that a possibility?
Also... Come to think of it... She does have a different smell recently but I assumed that it can be since we are giving her fruit and vegetables. Can it mean anything else?
I doubt it, but of course if a bee did sting her right in the head where the spinal chord is connected...

People and dogs suffering from epilepsy do smell differently right before and even more so after a seizure.

Hello everyone.
Unfortunately, Tweety didn't make it.
She passed away naturally this morning.
No vet was able to confirm what was wrong with her.
I don't think I can ever love another chicken the way I loved her, so for the moment being, I no longer raise chickens. 😞💔

Hello everyone.
Unfortunately, Tweety didn't make it.
She passed away naturally this morning.
No vet was able to confirm what was wrong with her.
I don't think I can ever love another chicken the way I loved her, so for the moment being, I no longer raise chickens. 😞💔
I am sorry you lost your Tweety. :hugs

Maybe you can find comfort in the thought that she does not suffer any longer and is at peace now.

Back
Top Bottom