The green eggs are brown coating on blue shells,
the first blue eggs were probably before the coating sprayer came on line.
The brown coating can vary from day to day, especially when they first start laying.
It can take up to a month or so for things to smooth out.

Were they really fairy eggs, or just small pullet eggs?
Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers.

Why do you think they haven't laid in two weeks?

I wasn’t sure because the first four eggs we had were small blue eggs and in two weeks since they have all been green eggs we have found

I think @aart's explanation is best. The blue color is intensified in a fairy egg, because the pigment is concentrated over a smaller area. As the eggs get larger the pigment is spread out more and appears lighter. If you have ever written "Happy Birthday" on a balloon with a black Sharpie before you blew it up, you will see what I mean. As you blow up the balloon, the letters appear lighter as the pigment becomes stretched.

The eggs are pretty similar in size though the blue and green eggs

Back
Top Bottom