Chicken egg hasn't zipped yet ☹️

IMG_20200513_151547.jpg
IMG_20200513_151550.jpg

This is him , something is wrong with his right leg.
IMG_20200513_151730.jpg

IMG_20200513_151752.jpg

This is his hatchmate !

It's been like this since mother's day , it just sits there and hasn't done anything it's still alive and it chirps at me but I don't know what to do . Please help ! View attachment 2135948
I had the same thing happen with a duck egg, she just wasn’t positioned correctly. I did chip away little bits by the air hole, honestly trying to get a better view of the situation. The next day she had moved enough to finish hatching on her own. Ahh, the beautiful miracle of life!

The chick that I assisted has been doing so much better every day, every day it gets more alert and curious and I am so amazingly grateful to everyone who helped, thank you all so much

It doesn't really look like a splayed leg to me. After a hatch I usually leave the remaining eggs for a couple of days, just to make sure nothing else is viable. Once when cleaning up the "duds" I had an egg jump out of my hand. Once I got the poor baby out, she was a mess....all rolled up in a ball with only 1 leg that could move. I gave her diluted poly vi sol (no iron) and sugar water...drip by drip on her beak. She must have stayed in that egg too long and been dehydrated and out of minerals. It took all day, but by night she was up and running with the rest. Lived to a ripe old age of 9 years. You might try some. Being out of minerals can cause them to cramp up just like us. I hope it all goes well for you...she is a cutie!!

May Not have been splayed leg but the leg was sticking straight out of the side so I don't know what it was but it's kind of correcting itself, it's walking really good and I think I have some pictures if I do I'll try to post some

That is what i was thinking!
On the Other Hand, perhaps you were just preparing for possible loss, and He is an easier gender outcome for that if you were hoping for a viable Egg Layer. Glad They hatched, anyway!

Back
Top Bottom