Chicken enough to go off electricity 10-10-2010?? JOIN US!!!

I'm starting to get concerned. Other then Zebo girl, I don't know anyone else who is willing to give up the gadget/media addiction for even one day. Actually, I do this all the time but usually I'm camping, rafting, canoeing etc. I don't even own a cell phone and my TV has no reception. If it wasn't for my 'puter, I'd be drinking beer by a fire in the yard. I understand though, I'm addicted too. That is why I'm doing this. I don't mind that I'll have the only dark house on the street.

I'm willing to do it! I'll try an drag my family into it, but no promises there. It will be tricky but lets see.... I could get my compost heap started, I need to weed and till the garden, and I've many a book ready to read. I'll do my best!

Last edited:
I'll do it if Joe (Bryant) does it!
gig.gif
Seriously...I think it is a great idea!!!

Can't do it my oldest sons birthday is on the tenth.and he sure is gonna want electricity. Good luck to all though. I have however been looking heavily on solar panels to reduce and eventually seen our usage down to none from coal burning plants.

want to go a week with no electricity. Come on down to the Gulf Coast for a Hurricane in August. You can go one even better. You have no water to bath or flush a toilet either, all your food rots and stinks because all the jugs of ice you make only last so long. I lost everything I owned in Hurricane Katrina 2 months after major back surgery when I could barely walk. I am not giving up any of my comforts as long as I am able to pay for them. Why else would be bother to go to work all our lives if not to make a comfortable home and make a family

Back
Top Bottom