Chicken eye problem

@Spiderduck - I am in the UK and finally just found a UK stockist of Neosporin on eBay. Maybe they could offer express delivery? I'm sure we have other options here but I ordered some since it's always recommended on BYC.

You can also get Vetericyn eye wash here in UK.
Please may I know the seller for both the neosporin and vegericyn

I know it’s late into her eye problem but it would still help I’m sure!

171FA225-FC2F-42A4-8173-4B0D41CB645E.jpeg

So far after removing pus

Update
-
I saw some more pus outside her eye today morning and I’ve just brought her in cleared it up, saline in both eyes

The good eye is just about opened halfway although it’s not improving or not opening any more

The bad eye was cleaned again and I checked inside her eye and I could just see red/pink don’t know what this is maybe the infection still playing up, eye is missing or maybe it’s there but behind the pink/red??

The outside of the bad eye looks much better but the eye itself has a slight bulge

If the eye is gone, she still could live a fairly normal life with one eye remaining. It will be a lot of work reintegrating her back into the flock the longer she is out. But she needs to heal before joining them. She could be kept with her flock in a dog crate with her own food and water once she is able. Just keep working on the wounds and pus.

Have you been able to get hold of some eye ointment or drops to treat infection? Ciprofloxacin or others might be purchased from a vet. You may find an eye wash at your pharmacy.

If the eye is gone, she still could live a fairly normal life with one eye remaining. It will be a lot of work reintegrating her back into the flock the longer she is out. But she needs to heal before joining them. She could be kept with her flock in a dog crate with her own food and water once she is able. Just keep working on the wounds and pus.

Have you been able to get hold of some eye ointment or drops to treat infection? Ciprofloxacin or others might be purchased from a vet. You may find an eye wash at your pharmacy.

Haven’t been able to go to the pharmacy for an eye wash yet

However the saline is amazing!

So far the smell she had is literally gone, infection must be cleared up!

Her good eye is half open but not fully but she does look around be alert - a very tough hen

Her bad eye, I can only see pink red inside (I’ll check again in a bit)

Hardly any inflammation on the outside and no bulge

She eats and drinks, keeps warm indoors hopefully she will be fine

I am waiting until she is better and able to eat and drink on her own, and see if her eye/s open any more

She will be going back to the flock but only with a few hens and a rooster

Back
Top Bottom