chicken eye

jeanne1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
I have 4 month old buff orpingtons and this morning one of them has a gunky eye. No blood. What can I do and will this spread to all 14 of them. Worried:(

Too late about spreading it. You will have to treat them all. I would recommend an antibiotic called Tylan. It is expensive but well worth it and if you mix only what the girls will drink in a day the container should last a long time if they get sick again. It is very broad spectrum and takes care of just about everything.

Mix 1/2 teaspoon to 1/2 gallon water. It mixes 'funny' I put the Tylan in a dry jar and add a little water to it and shake well and then mix with the rest of the water. If you add the powder to the water it just clumps. Go figure.

Mix new solution everyday and make sure this is the only water they have available to them. Use for 10 days. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, I will try it and keep you posted.
smile.png

Quote:
I drove 50 miles on Sunday to get the meds and started all of them that evening. Today is Tuesday and already she is to the point that I can hardly see it. No one else is showing any signs of goopy eye. Thank you so very much for your quick reply and advise.

Back
Top Bottom