gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have this egg in my incubator.
ah1.PNG

It is from my gray egg laying frizzle named Nell, She is 4 and never had any chicks yet.
lesd.PNG
les.PNG

She bred with an EE rooster. "McGuyver" Above. He has been with my hens 2 weeks and is about 8 months old.
Below are Nell's mother "Greyslyn," the gray egg layer. Her mother bred with BCM, to have Nell. Greyslyn was 6 years old when I hatched out Nell.
gadeo.PNG

Greyslyn's parent's below...
Sally is the mother, her eggs were pink... I didn't know her background.
grada.PNG
!d.PNG

She bred with a rooster to have Greyslyn, the rooster "Silverman" had a green egg gene and was Frizzle. He was ugly but produced the prettiest chicken ever..."Greyslyn".
gradk.PNG

My plan is to set a few of Nell's eggs, and I hope to breed her again once one of my blue (smooth) roosters become breeding age. She was getting older though and she can go broody, then I don't get any eggs. So I am setting with the red EE rooster. People from my area do not have exotic chickens. So I have to hatch my own.

You are welcome! I only have 2 in that generation left, but it is fun
to be involved. I had brought in a LO rooster who was to polite to do the deed, but he wanted to talk about himself all the time. I gave him back, and the lady who owns him gave me eggs to hatch. All turned out to be black chicks and not gray.

Back
Top Bottom