Chicken Farming not going well....

It sounds to me like your chickens are just being - Chickens. You've done what you can for the moment, and now you just need to give them some time to get to know each other. After they've been able to see each other for a week or so, you can give them some supervised together time. That way you can intervene if things get out of hand. New introductions can be rocky for chickens, but if you give them enough time, they'll work it out. Good luck!

Yeah dont give up.I learned alot over the last few months about chickens.and had set backs like you.First 11 I bought to just get a few for eggs turned out to be 8 roos ,3 hens.I really didnt want to but I butchered 7.If I knew about auctions then ,I would have just took em there and got rid of them.Then I bought 4 more that turned out to be 3 hens and 1 roo,when I tried to put them together,the young roo lasted about 5 minutes before I had to get him out and the 3 hens didnt get along with the older hens.In fact all 3 young hens stayed in 1 nest box for several days and only came out to eat,but a couple weeks later and you would think they were raised together.Now ,just since may 1st,I have right at 100 in my back yard and have got to start culling when they are old enough to sex and hope to end up with about 50 layers but my luck ,they will all be hens and they will eat me out of house and home.lol.

Dont give up, it does get easier. Once you learn to just let chickens be chickens. They will work things out for themselves. I admit my chickens are not the friendliest chickens that you read about on here, they tolerate people walking around in the yard, they will come running up to you, but they will not let you pick them up. I have found the less I do to interfere the better they have been.

Back
Top Bottom