Chicken feathers found,no chicken

fabfarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 20, 2013
virginia
Hi all, I have a missing hen.i have no idea where she is!i came to close the fence one night and I counted five times just to be sure she wasn't there my neighbor came by to tell me he found white chicken feathers in his yard. What could have done this? At first I thought hawks but I don't think a hawk would eat a whole chicken.no holes were dug under the fence and no other chickens are harmed. I have no idea what happened. Her body is no where to be found. Just white feathers. No blood either. She was always smaller and was a year old.

I've had similar "findings" - feathers but no body. I suspected a fox. Neighbor confirmed it yesterday telling us that he's seen mother fox with two babies. I gotta get rid of them before they take all my chickens.

Good Luck catching your critter.

CG

I thought if it was a fox it would have harmed or killed the rest of the flock.not just take one.

My chicken was taken and eaten 3 days ago. There was a pile of feather and a body found all the way across the yard. The possiblites of your chicken disappernce is of a fox, racoon, or a possome.

Back
Top Bottom