Chicken feed

Breshcandra

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Granite Falls, WA
I feed my chicken the chicken feed you can get at the coop. Purina layer pellets.
I have someone who is interested in buying eggs but she doesn't want soy in her diet. If a chicken eats soy will it make it so your eating soy if you eat their eggs?

Quote:
thats hilarious!
lau.gif
i´m not a scientist but i can´t imagine the soy makes it into the egg.

Hum.... ? I sure hope that what my chicken's eat does not pass through to the eggs... not like that.... since they eat some pretty nasty things when they free range.. such as old dog poop. And, of course, bugs, worms... I once fed them left over enchiladas.

So, thinking outloud.... If I fed them "tofu"... I would assume that would be good for them and then good for their eggs..... but, I don't think it would mean there would be soy in their eggs?

I would like to know, also.. if medications pass through and contaminate the eggs, make them inedible... then... if the chickens eat strawberries, would a person who is allergic to strawberries not be able to eat the eggs the chickens laid after consuming strawberries? Do the things they eat "contaminate" the eggs as well, so to speak? Is there dog poop in my chicken's eggs?
sickbyc.gif

I have also read on here about chickens eating dead mice, rats, snakes, plastic and worse.... in any of those instances, did anyone stop eating the eggs? And, if so, why?

Would there be soy in eggs if the chickens were eating a feed that contains soy.. corn in their eggs, if the feed contains corn... etc. I assume not.. but, I am not sure, since medications do go through to the eggs.
hu.gif

Thanks.

I purposely give my chickens a feed that doesn't contain soy and the main reason is much of soy is GMO which I don't want to encourage and also soy is one of the crops they tear rainforests down to make more soy for the world market.

While I don't want a large chunk of soy in my diet as well the 'it doesn't get in the egg argument doesn't sway me'

Your customer has the right not to want soy, you have the right to feed your chickens whatever you want she doesn't have to buy them.

I had to eliminate soy in my diet due to the natural estrogens that are in it that my cancer feeds off of. Since I switched to eating my own girls' eggs (and they also eat Purina pellets) the cancer has not grown. So I would guess that any soy in the eggs would be microscopic.

Back
Top Bottom