chicken feeds

sinde

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 14, 2014
Kasane,Botswana
hi everyone. may u guys advice me on this one: maize is found easily and is cheaper in my area. so how wuld it be if i grind and mix it with the starter, grower and finisher which i buy in store as ready mixed feeds? Remember this guys who prepared feeds (nutritionist) they only write for example, 21% proteins. that said, if i do that plus maize(corn) at what kgs of corn shul i add to the ready prepared 50kgs starter, growers and finishers. and what protein amount wuld i get. just remember am buying day old chicks and raising them in 6 weeks then slaughter.

Thanking u in advance

Maize is typically 9% protein so the averaging, doing the math is pretty simple. If you feed a lot of maize along with your 21% protein grower you may slow their growth and lengthen the days of getting them to market weight.

Personally, the savings, overall, may or may not be worth it. Certainly 10% of their diet being the maize wouldn't hurt, but you might be cautious about a ratio a whole lot more than that. The Grower feed is already likely very high in maize content itself. Thus, feeding more and more maize, you can and will dilute the vitamin and mineral package of your Grower feed if you go too far.

Back
Top Bottom