Chicken fell in pool

Donna Jeanne

Songster
5 Years
Nov 18, 2017
Hi. My favorite hen just fell into the elevated duck pool. The water is freezing. She is alive, but in shock and not breathing initially. I took her out and got her breathing. Warming her with a towel and hair dryer. Her breathing is very difficult and labored/wet. She’s rocking her head back and forth and shivering. What else can I do? If she makes it, any precautions I should take? I’m moving the pool, but I mean with her health. I gave her Vet Rx.

Last edited:
Thanks. She’ll stay indoors tonight. She doesn’t want water so I gave her yogurt. Will try to get electrolytes in her. Thanks.

Thank you. I kept her inside over night. It’s about 50 degrees today. How long before I put her back outside?

Last edited:
She’s doing okay, thanks. I still have her inside again tonight and will let her out in the morning. She’s sneezed a few times, but all else seems fine. At about nine tonight she started being a bit more active and back to herself. She’s been lethargic for four or five days so thought she may finally lay her first egg, but now who knows. She seems to want to be held a lot which is new.

Back
Top Bottom