CHICKEN FEVER! Mask you sumthin? Dya think itsa gonna stop w/chickens?

chickfillhay

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 31, 2007
Berlin Nh
It started in late 2006 with two grown birds from my moms house. (Sis bought them at the flea market on a whim) Mom wanted me to chick sit.
hmm.png
I wasn't even that interested. But her older roosters were hurting "Taco" & "The Mrs." Since then, those two birds have given me 1cockerel, & 5pullets that came by surprise. I didn't know Momma had it in her!
They were born in Nov '07.

I found BYC and you guys got me through chick parenting 101 THANKS!
frow.gif

Now I have 4wk olds (12) I picked up from neighbors and at TSC and two other feed stores. AND I picked up two ducklings! Do you think I'm finished?
NOOOOOOO!
th.gif
I went and got me the Hovabator 1588 w/egg turner. THERES NO STOPPIN ME NOW! I just hatched 5 eggs that same neighbor gave to me along with those day old chicks! I'm goin nuts! I'm waiting on some Buff Orpingtons and some Royal Palm turkeys. And later (when I can afford em) Peafowl.
I can't even drive by the feed store without stopping in............TO VISIT!
barnie.gif
I CAN"T STOP!!!
gig.gif
I..I...I...JUST CANNOT STOP!
hit.gif
ya.gif

me too! I have Chickuenza! Symptoms started with just 3 or 4 chickens, just for family eggs and to be "country". I ended up with 10 chickens. Now I realize that I need at least 10 more and am going to the feed store this weekend to see what they have. And now I want ducks, too, and am trying to figure out how to fit them into my chicken family. And a Royal Palm turkey would be so pretty. And a goose for protection. And it would be cool to hatch a clutch. And. . . and. . . and. . .

If Chickuenza is a disease we're all sick. And may we never be cured!

Since getting my 2 little chicks, I am now trying to figure out how to move ASAP to the country so I can have FLOCKS of chickens!!! So many chickens, so little time!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
wee.gif

What was that nursery ryhme or song about the little old lady that swallowed a fly? I don't know why she swallowed a fly, poor old lady I think she'll............................GET A CHICKEN!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

scuze the speling!
tongue.png

I'm actually (Down the road) gonna get donkeys to care for the chickens. Now?...I just got ducks...Later? Goats to mow the lawn!!!
In the words of that famous poet and wise man TOM JONES...............Somebody Help Me!!!!!!!!
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom