1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thedigitale, Aug 28, 2015.

1. thedigitale

thedigitale Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2015
    The coop is almost finished and I'm getting ready to get my first chickens in a week or two. I want to try to be prepared for anything (I know it's never 100% possible), so I figure I should have some sort of first aid kit with basic meds, feeds, etc., around just to be safe.

So what does everyone have in their first aid kit so that I can prepare for the most common issues?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I always have Blu-Kote, cornstarch, and medical tape on hand. The Blu-Kote works wonders on wounds, cornstarch helps to clot up blood wounds, and medical tape to tape up anything that needs it. I'm sure there's much more that I have, but those were all that have come to mind as of yet..

3. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    Anyone else with suggestions?

4. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    Never mind I found the other thread

5. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012

What one has in a kit can vary greatly... Are you the type that will take them to a vet if they get sick?

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by