1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickencoop789, Jan 17, 2014.

1. chickencoop789

chickencoop789 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    I am going to make a chicken first aid kit and I need to know what to put in it. I have had a few injuries in my flock this year an haven't had all of the things that I needed on hand. What do you all have in your kits???

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. katbriar

katbriar Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    Northern New Mexico
    Do a search for this- I know there is an article already posted and updated with reader suggestions. It was really good.

3. ich-knut

ich-knut Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2009
    I don't have a kit. My chickens don't suffer from the same ailments twice. One time one of my chickens choked and I had to swing her to dislodge it. No tools needed there. I would keep antibiotics for egg yolk peritonitis but they expire so I don't purchase one unless I think it could help. Cat toe nail clipper for bent beak that won't break on their own and preventing your chicken from eating (don't cut too close to quick, they will bleed). Children's vitamin drops. Human first aid kit for other random ailments that I hope I don't don't have to encounter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by