Chicken flying!

My little japanese hen flew to the roof of the house (2 stories) Im not breaking out the measuring tape for that but i tell ya when i seen her do it my jaw hit the floor, then i thought how the heck am i gonna get her down. Fortunately she didn't like it up there so she eventually flew down. My cochins don't do so well maybe 5 ft for them but they fly about 2 ft off the ground over the length of the back yard (1 acre) when i call for them to get out of the woods. Amazing how fast they can be when ya got a bowl full of fresh fruit LOL

Prior to my Japaneese Bantam starting to lay eggs she easily flew over an 8' fence from about a foot away. My Brahmas could barely clear a 4' fence. My Del hen easily landed on the 4' fence to eat the tops of the Collard green plants.

But why fly when you can run faster than any human? Man they can move those little legs fast.
D.gif

I taught one of my nosey hens to jump up straight in the air. When I get eggs out of the nests, she jumps up about 2- 2.5 feet in the air to try and peck at anything in my hand. Also I have camoflague pants that have zippered pockets. She jumps up to grab the zipper all the time. Guess what her name is? Nosey Rosey!

Back
Top Bottom