Chicken found alive after 1-2 months of being trapped

Pics
No, I'm not crying. I... I have allergies...

I know, right?
Since Covid, I cry, not at the drop of a hat, but if a hat even THINKS about dropping, lol! I may even cry if I see a hat. I mean it takes next to nothing to make me cry. So this story ... Yeah, drowning. Happy tears though. ❤️

Thank you everyone for checking in and the advice about her crop!! I can’t believe it’s been one week today since we found her!!!
We did have a scare with her crop for that one day, but it seems fine now. That next morning it hadn’t fully emptied, so I massaged throughout the day. She was still pooping though, so it wasn’t totally blocked. I think she ate too much too fast, and things aren’t working quite right after having nothing in there for so long.
Luckily, by the following day she had stopped making the gagging movements, and she’s still eating and pooping good :) I’ll probably get that good bacteria several people mentioned. Thanks for that tip!!
We’ve been taking her out for about 10 minutes a day to be in the sun and peck the grass. I don’t want her to be out more than that with her potential crop issues. She just goes crazy with the grass!!
And she tried to walk today!! She stumbled around a lot, but she wanted to walk and scratch! I grabbed my camera and caught it for y’all to see :
I also saw this other picture that my husband had taken the first night we found her. She still has a ways to go, but look how far she’s come!!
Wonderful update! WOW, she has come a long way in a week. Goooo, Blondie!!! ❤️❤️❤️

How is Blondie doing?
Thank you for checking in!!!
She’s still doing good! :thumbsup
We built a little moveable pen earlier this year, so we’ve been putting her in it the past few days and leaving her outside from about noon to sun down.
She’s still not able to fully stand and walk, but when she’s outside she practices. It will probably take time to build back up her muscles, but I think she’ll get there eventually. She gets a little bit better every day!!

Back
Top Bottom