Chicken found alive after 1-2 months of being trapped

I caught 2 of my neighbors dogs a couple days scoping out my chickens from the woods. They'd walked every inch of the fence trying to get in when I caught them .They ran home.
Shoot them if they come around again. We are currently dealing with our two LGDs suddenly jumping the fence at night to pursue predators. Two nights in a row. We're installing additonal electric fencing today to complete where there wasn't any prior and turning it on again (they hadn't ever tried to get out and the electric was more to keep predators from coming in before we got both dogs). Our neighbors already know to shoot to kill if our dogs come onto their property. They've said the same if their dogs come onto our property. Nobody needs a gallivanting (or worse) couple of dogs running their cattle/sheep/etc until one is injured. I love my dogs, but I wont have them hurting anyone else's animals. Most farmers feel the same.

Shoot them if they come around again. We are currently dealing with our two LGDs suddenly jumping the fence at night to pursue predators. Two nights in a row. We're installing additonal electric fencing today to complete where there wasn't any prior and turning it on again (they hadn't ever tried to get out and the electric was more to keep predators from coming in before we got both dogs). Our neighbors already know to shoot to kill if our dogs come onto their property. They've said the same if their dogs come onto our property. Nobody needs a gallivanting (or worse) couple of dogs running their cattle/sheep/etc until one is injured. I love my dogs, but I wont have them hurting anyone else's animals. Most farmers feel the same.
I have a big GSD mix that did that too. Now he has 8 ft fences that are slanted in.

Please don't just shoot a dog if it steps onto your property. Every dog does not intend on killing your chickens.
"I'd only shoot a dog if it came onto my property and intended to do harm to or harass my animals." We've fostered pups that got dumped and somehow found their way 1/2 a mile up our road through coyote infested land to our house. But if a dog is chasing livestock or entering livestock pens, I won't just let it kill or injure my animals and then say "darn, I wish I'd done something."

"I'd only shoot a dog if it came onto my property and intended to do harm to or harass my animals." We've fostered pups that got dumped and somehow found their way 1/2 a mile up our road through coyote infested land to our house. But if a dog is chasing livestock or entering livestock pens, I won't just let it kill or injure my animals and then say "darn, I wish I'd done something."
I agree. But some people were making it sound like if the dog steps into their property they shoot.

Back
Top Bottom