CHICKEN FOUND WITH ITS BACK LIKE THIS ( GRAPHIC PIC)

UPDATE TO EVERYONE. THAT IS ACTUALLY UNDER THE CHICKEN THAT IS IN THE PICTURE AND NOT ITS BACK LIKE I THOUGHT🙄. I THINK I JUST DIDNT WANT TO LOOK AT IT TOO LONG. Plus no one here same to notice it was under the chicken either, so I dont feel too bad.
The owner said her coop is not crowded. The only thing she could think of is that she recently change to wood chips for bedding. I told her to just monitor the chicks more closely.
That makes more sense.
I actually had asked the question about the location of "injury" in my post too, but then your title says "Back" so I assumed I was just looking at the photo incorrectly so I deleted that part LOL The vent looked upside down to be viewing the back, but then again...

So this is the underside. Bird has a lot of feces caked on it's underside. Was this bird mobile? Meat birds don't move around a lot, so it's legs may have not been working well.

Did she happen to cut the bird open and see what the liver and internal organs looked like?
Where are it's legs, did she remove the leg/thighs before the photo was taken?

Just by looking at a photo it's just a guess, but I would say an immobile broiler. The redness looks like blood pooled under the skin to me. The others took advantage and cannibalized a handicapped bird.

As for why the bird was not well - organ failure? bird too heavy to move? disease?
It's all a guess unless she has more info or photos of what the organs looked like and someone can help i.d. an issue.

That makes more sense.
I actually had asked the question about the location of "injury" in my post too, but then your title says "Back" so I assumed I was just looking at the photo incorrectly so I deleted that part LOL The vent looked upside down to be viewing the back, but then again...

So this is the underside. Bird has a lot of feces caked on it's underside. Was this bird mobile? Meat birds don't move around a lot, so it's legs may have not been working well.

Did she happen to cut the bird open and see what the liver and internal organs looked like?
Where are it's legs, did she remove the leg/thighs before the photo was taken?

Just by looking at a photo it's just a guess, but I would say an immobile broiler. The redness looks like blood pooled under the skin to me. The others took advantage and cannibalized a handicapped bird.

As for why the bird was not well - organ failure? bird too heavy to move? disease?
It's all a guess unless she has more info or photos of what the organs looked like and someone can help i.d. an issue.
Yes she said the bird was walking around fine until she discover it, and my apologies, i just saw a flat side and didnt want to look at it closely anymore so I thought it was the back of the bird lol. Honestly its the first time too that i notice the feet are missing 🙄. I did notice the poop and thought it looked like poop of a chicken with E.coli. i did not ask her if she opened the chicken. It seems she just culled and threw it away. She had asked me this morning what was my thoughts on what cause it. I have never seen anything like it, so I came here and asked

To be honest, I don't think that discoloration happened in just one day. The bird may have been off for a while and it went unnoticed since they do hide illness fairly well.

I suppose it will remain a mystery.
She may want to check her other birds to see if they are developing raw areas on their abdomens and if some are having leg or mobility issues, then it would be time to butcher some.

I TRIED TO EDIT THE TITLE AND DESCRIPTION JUST NOW BUT ITS NOT ALLOWING ME TO DO IT. SO HOPE ALL REALIZE BY NOW THAT ITS THE FRONT PART OF THE BIRD BREAST AND STOMACH IN THE PIC

To be honest, I don't think that discoloration happened in just one day. The bird may have been off for a while and it went unnoticed since they do hide illness fairly well.

I suppose it will remain a mystery.
She may want to check her other birds to see if they are developing raw areas on their abdomens and if some are having leg or mobility issues, then it would be time to butcher some.
Same Advice I gave her. Thanks for replying 😊

I TRIED TO EDIT THE TITLE AND DESCRIPTION JUST NOW BUT ITS NOT ALLOWING ME TO DO IT. SO HOPE ALL REALIZE BY NOW THAT ITS THE FRONT PART OF THE BIRD BREAST AND STOMACH IN THE PIC
If you need to edit, hit the report button in your first post and explain you want to edit your title. Staff will help you with that.

Back
Top Bottom