Chicken gaping, watery poos

and isn't that just the thing, even medical general doctors prescribe us antibiotics for everything and anything

That might have been the case years ago when I was a child, but I would say in the last 20 years or so I have not experienced it...

Most if not all of the doctors I have experienced in the last two decades will not give antibiotics unless they do a culture (either rapid or traditional) and confirm it's bacterial and/or if it's a highly likely bacterial infection like a wound...

Thank you @Eggcessive

Look she's been a good girl today, only a bit of gaping, but it seems she's better every day. it was weird, but yesterday she laid TWO eggs?! lol today she laid again.. she also never did that gaping neck thing again, so must've been adjusting crop :)

@MeepBeep oh WOW!!!! australia must be 20 years behind!! the GP's here hand out antibiotics like candy!! i've probably got about 5 doses of antibiotics in the past few years (that i never picked up!!!) for random things like head cold, bee sting, upset stomach - they give it out here for absolutely everything and anything. i have never heard of a swab being done, not in my city anyway. if only.. but medicare wouldn't cover it. it's so bad, people will become resistant and already are - and then antibiotics will be completely ineffective!

just an update.. Lucy is doing well!! once it gets over 30 degrees celsius it seems she has a harder time coping with the heat, but otherwise, she's the boss of the backyard. i got her a friend - a light sussex - Rosie.. so Lucy is being super bossy with her, but getting better by the day and becoming better friends :)

just an update.. Lucy is doing well!! once it gets over 30 degrees celsius it seems she has a harder time coping with the heat, but otherwise, she's the boss of the backyard. i got her a friend - a light sussex - Rosie.. so Lucy is being super bossy with her, but getting better by the day and becoming better friends :)

Glad to hear things are improving!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom