Chicken "Garden" Tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JeffOeuf, Mar 27, 2012.

1. JeffOeuf

JeffOeuf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Springfield Missouri
    The cats lived here first. For that reason, the chickens and I have to find a way to keep the cats and "Cat Mamma" all happy. I read something that said to get the chicks out in the grass as soon and as often as possible, when the weather was nice. We're unseasonably warm, so we brought them out and let them loose yesterday. One of our cats was out, and thought the chicks were part of a smorgasbord. So, this morning I built a mini-tractor for them. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    That is sweet, now you can watch the cat watching your chicks. Two times the fun with just a little work.

Two Thumbs Up

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    My cats are afraid of the chicks...all that cheeping makes them run the other way! LOL

4. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    My cats are good with the chicks, They either ignore them or sit and watch them in the cage.
    But we do have the dog , kids, babies, and raccoons around at night. I guess they are used to all sorts of noises and animals.
    When I brought the first chickens i thought the cats would try to eat them. I still don't trust them 100%[​IMG]

5. 92Pony

92Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2010
    South Carolina
    EXACTLY what I need to build for myself. I like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by