Chicken getting lonely

tychick11

Hatching
Mar 14, 2017
Hi all I have just lost 1 of my chickens and I only have one left but she is unusual as she is transgender and I am not shore if she will except a new mate or be fine on her own as she has high male hormones if any one can help that would be great

Greetings from Kansas, tychick11, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I'll leave the speculation about the interpersonal dynamics of transgender chickens to others more learned on the subject. I can tell you that you might want to get a replacement for the one you lost as chickens are pretty social and don't do as well in isolation. Good luck to you and thanks for joining BYC!!

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear of your loss. If possible, I'd get another 2 to keep your lonely one company (following isolation & integration tactics).

Best of luck to you!

G’Day from down under tychick11
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great advice so far and I agree, she would probably welcome the company following quarantine etc as she is used to company and would be lonely.

Good luck!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! There is an unbelievable source of great knowledge on here and wonderful, friendly folks! I do hope you'll make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom