Chicken got bullied severely and has a little bone sticking out of her wing

Yes, repeat the process, and take it a bit slower this time. The crucial issue is that she remain with the flock and feel part of it. Also, try building up her nutrition and energy with some high quality protein two or three times a week. For any chicken to feel that they are able to stand up for themselves, feeling strong is an important ingredient.
I have all flock, scratch, 28% protein, and dry cat food. Is there a mix I could make with them. She also free ranges quite a bit, so she fills up on grass and bugs. I would also like her to gain some weight.

@azygous
My Dad wouldn't let me use the crappie, but we got canned tuna. She ate most of the can yesterday. How much should I give her and how often.

Her feathers are growing in again.

She's still really skinny though. Her crop is full every night and her poop looks fine. Do you think she could have an internal parasite? I have safe guard for goats. Could I use that, if so how much?

I just weighed her and compared her to a chicken that's similar in size. I think that chicken is slightly overweight, I can feel a lot of meat on her breast bone. She weighed 4 lbs. And Jo (the hurt one) weighed 3.6 lbs. She still acts fine and lays a lot of eggs. Do you think she's just built to be lighter bird?

Back
Top Bottom