Chicken Guard Automatic Door

Thanks. Ended up going with the Extreme as it was only $20 more. Hopefully it’ll give us peace of mind when we are away. Had coyotes take most of our hens and as we consider vacationing I need to be sure it doesn’t happen again.

I've been using the Premium model for almost three weeks with the only issue being caused by the operator. I set up the system for light sensor plus 10 minutes, and one of my chickens didn't make it inside. When I tried to manually open the door, I punched the wrong button and had to recalibrate the system. Now that I've learned how the system works better, I haven't had a problem. I bought the Premium model with the self locking door straight from chickenguard.com. It came within days and was very easy to install. Just make sure you read the instructions. The Extreme model is for if you get a lot of snow, which is not a problem in Central Texas. So far, I'm loving this gadget.

If I buy again, I would get all metal gear and open/closed up to 10lbs for 2 reasons: a) The metal gear is going to last a very long, long time. b) I like to be able to open multiple doors at once (main chicken door, enclosure feeder box to keep the rat out, left and right door to other run/yard). The idea is when the main chicken door open all other doors are open/closed as well. By the way, the Chickengard Premium gear is plastic.

Back
Top Bottom