Chicken has been laying tiny eggs for several days

Flock Leader

Songster
7 Years
May 3, 2012
Israel
I am familiar with tiny yolk-less eggs ("witch eggs") as a once-in-a-while production error, especially in young chickens, but my Polish hen has been laying such tiny eggs for several days now. She is a mature hen and generally a really good layer. Should I be worried?

They are nothing to worry about, but sometimes they are caused by disturbances, like new diet, New flock mates, or it can be caused by pieces of the oviduct breaking off and the body treating it like it's a yolk. Polish are often flighty and hysterical, mine are always flying past my head or running around screaming. Just try to keep to a routine and not change things, if you do change something expect an occasional odd egg.

They are nothing to worry about, but sometimes they are caused by disturbances, like new diet, New flock mates, or it can be caused by pieces of the oviduct breaking off and the body treating it like it's a yolk. Polish are often flighty and hysterical, mine are always flying past my head or running around screaming. Just try to keep to a routine and not change things, if you do change something expect an occasional odd egg.
Thanks! It's true that my Polish is very flighty, but I can't imagine what there might be at this time that would cause her excessive stress/panic. Maybe the neighbors' turkey hen that wanders into our yard every afternoon to eat from our feeder and leave a huge poop?..
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom