Chicken hatching goose

ben is a terror

Songster
8 Years
Apr 9, 2011
LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
My standard cochin hen is sitting on my 2 sebbie eggs My bator wouldn't work I have a new one coming in hopefully by Sat. Should I let her keep them or move them when the new bator gets here.She started sitting on them on 5/9/11 If moving them what temp and hum. should they be at and what about turning. I've never hatched geese before. I will be hand turning.
Thanks

How old will they be when your new incubator arrives?

In the still air that I used, the temperature was 102 degrees Farenheit and the humidity was about 40%.
During hatching time, humidity was at 60% and the temperature at about 101 degrees Farenheit (possibly lower).

My eggs were turned four times per day at even intervals.

Hi

Is your incubator fan assisted or still air? However you can say 37.2C/99.5F for a fan assisted and if it's a still air machine then the same temperature but being recorded at a level which equals the centre of the egg. In handing turning always turn an odd number of times a day, eg; 3 or 5. Turn 180 degrees in alternating directions. Dont worry about water until external pipping.

See link for full details;

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491013

Pete
wink.png

She will be sitting on them for 6 days when the new bator comes. It has a fan. The nest box she is in is a tight fit the eggs are getting filthy Should I do anything? Clean them or leave them?

Back
Top Bottom