11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Moulton Iowa
wing protector $6.50
17124_100_0441.jpg

feather growth after using saddle.
17124_100_0439.jpg

I do make diapers and harnesses if interested. Pm me. Thanks. Tess

I was very distressed when I went out to the coop yesterday to see how badly some of my hens were beat up by my roosters. I don't have that many roos, but apparently they really like particular hens. (I have had some health problems and my husband has been doing chicken care.

I have not tried the aprons--do they stay on pretty well? Can the hens free range with them on and not get tangled up in things? Can they fly up to the roost with them on?

I really need to have a few roos for breeding purposes. Oh--can they be bred with them on?

Thanks so much.

Catherine

They work very well. I use them and many people have bought from me on BYC with great luck. They can still get on the roost with them on and seem not to bother them at all after they get use to them. I let my hens freerange with them on. The snaps stay snapped but would break free if they would happen to get tanglec. If interested in more than one just PM me.

How much is just the saddle without the wing protectors for fullgrown buff orpingtons? I'm guessing they would be a large size? Also how much would shipping be?

I just wanted to say that i've purchased 7 of these so far. I'm sure i'll be ordering more sometime. WONDERFUL seller (I can't figure out how to post feedback) and I have Buff Orpingtons and these fit perfectly! The hens are not huge fans of these at first, but after they're on for a bit, they don't notice them. (much like the leg bands I purchased from another BYC member) When they arrive in the mail, there are helpful tips included.
I have also renamed these to 'dresses'
gig.gif
I didn't like the other names. lol
My assumption is they can still breed, the purpose of these 'dresses' is to protect the backs and feathers.
Mine roost and go outside in their run with no problem.
I highly recommend these and the quality and pattern selection is great!

I'm not surprised you cannot figure out how to post feedback. I don't know why it is made so tricky.

I think I (finally) have it figured out!

Yay!

Ok. Go to Index, then scroll down to the buyer/seller stuff. Right at the top of that stuff is the 'Rules to the Buyer/Seller Forum' or something like that.

Then, in blue, I think (I'm trying to remember this) is a statement about buyer/seller feedback. Click on this, and you should be able to post.

I hope I said that all ok.

I myself cannot bring myself to post really bad feedback, so I just don't post anything if someone treats me poorly. I know this is wrong but it is me. BUT I do post favorable feedback when justified and someone treats me well or has a good product.

I have to say that most of the people of the forum are good folks.

Ok, going on too much. I have sent for some of the aprons, and I am all excited. I am really looking forward to seeing my hens all dressed up!

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom