1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken hops

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Kat ZA, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Chicken Kat ZA

Chicken Kat ZA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    Hi guys.

As I'm new to chicken keeping, I still follow my flock around constantly with my camera, adoring everything they do. Here is a short vid of them jumping for meal worm treats. Don't worry, I don't normally make them jump for food. I just saw them doing it to reach the leaves on a bush the other day and wanted to get it on camera. Aren't they just ADORABLE?

[​IMG]

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Adorable!!

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    YES, they are ADORABLE!!! I love jumping chickens. Those fluffy butts in the air are so cute. I think chickens actually enjoy running after or jumping for their food. I have seen my chickens chase crickets when they had a treat sitting right in front of them. I'm going to watch the video again now ; )

4. Chicken Kat ZA

Chicken Kat ZA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    LOL. Next I'm going to tackle getting my chickens running on camera. I just LOVE watching them run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by