Chicken is M.I.A

65A2AA1F-6A94-4239-A916-BFD61EC0CA68.jpeg
53C84A11-BA37-4CB6-9259-4812B07A23B4.jpeg
96ED9CD7-1E06-44E2-A180-D21F12F35E83.jpeg
73A7B1F2-877F-4970-A4DC-B0C55B9E0DA9.jpeg
42E1AFC9-3002-4085-AD42-8E5FB87C3F0F.jpeg
I am so sorry she is missing no where she could hide with eggs ? Are you able to attach photos of the yard and coop? Please
Here are the pictures. The first ones are the woods in our yard and the last one is the woods that’s behind the fence behind the coop

Oh my lots of places to hide may have peeps and Mom back you have a cockerel
right otherwise if you locate the nest you can sneak peeps in to get her off the eggs

Oh my lots of places to hide may have peeps and Mom back you have a cockerel
right otherwise if you locate the nest you can sneak peeps in to get her off the eggs
So she has hatched eggs before and goes broody quite often but she always goes in the nesting boxes. Do you think she could be nesting? Wouldn’t do thing have hotter her by now also and how will she get food? Sorry about all the questions

I would buy a trail camera and carefully watch my remaining chickens just in case.
A fox can easily climb a fence. Normally if there's no evidence, it's a canine of some sort, fox or coyote. I lost a hen between noon and 4pm to a fox.

Hopefully she returns though. :hugs
My favorite chicken of all time was my silkie rooster, who the fox took...that's when I had to stop letting them outside the barn area. Of course the hen was inside when he climbed over that fence, which had never happened in 13 yrs of living there.
I would also invest in a game/trail camera. I also live in Florida and most nights ,when the predators roam here, I get a picture of a predator on at least one of my cameras. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom