Chicken is very weak i think it may be mites.

callenparker

Hatching
Aug 9, 2023
My Chicken has recently been unable to stand, she is very very skinny and weak her poo is green from not eating. I have made sure she has been drinking plenty, but she refuses to eat. I recently had this same problem with another hen but she passed because i had no clue what to do. I don’t want to make that mistake again. I have done a lot of a research and It is saying that she most likely had an infestation of mites. So i researched what to do, I rubbed some garlic juice water mixture all over her skin. And I am picking up some more spray in a bit. But i have no idea what to do.
IMG_9508.jpeg
IMG_9510.jpeg
IMG_9511.jpeg
IMG_9506.jpeg
IMG_9507.jpeg

Have you checked for mites?
Under the wings & vent areas seem to be where they prefer to be. Garden & Poultry Dust (Permethrin 25% is the ingredient that will kill mites) is what you need, there's also the Permethrin Concetrate to mix & spray the coop/nest box area. Check your coop/nest box for mites.

How old is she? When was the last time she laid an egg? What are you feeding? How long has she not eaten?
Try scrambled or boiled egg yolk, mash it and see if she'll eat that. Try giving her some Nutri Drench and/or Rooster Booster Poultry Cell. Sometimes dry cat food moisten will get them eating too.

The black spots on her comb look to be peck injuries or dry pox scabs (mosquito bites). Check around for any standing water. Has she been peck on? Are there other chickens?

My Chicken has recently been unable to stand, she is very very skinny and weak her poo is green from not eating. I have made sure she has been drinking plenty, but she refuses to eat. I recently had this same problem with another hen but she passed because i had no clue what to do. I don’t want to make that mistake again. I have done a lot of a research and It is saying that she most likely had an infestation of mites. So i researched what to do, I rubbed some garlic juice water mixture all over her skin. And I am picking up some more spray in a bit. But i have no idea what to do.
View attachment 3604447View attachment 3604448View attachment 3604449View attachment 3604445View attachment 3604446
Garlic will not treat a mite infestation.

Do you see mites on her?

What do you feed, including treats?

If you see mites or lice, then use a Permethrin based poultry dust and dust her.

Work on hydration, give her some sugar water or electrolytes.

Answers to the questions in the previous post would be helpful along with photos of her poop.

Back
Top Bottom