Chicken keeping without coops or with mutiple coops

Pics
Well I live in a suburb. One of my girls didn’t coop last night, and my hubby and I were called out of bed in the middle of the night with her screaming in the cedar tree as a coon was running on the fence. Needless to say I won’t let that happen again ... Envious of your ability to leave them free to decide

A good example of sleeping with one ear open and one hand on a Model 12 Winchester.

Do your separate flocks mingle during the day? Are they all free range?
I picked out all sorts of chicks, last March. They all seem to mingle.:highfive: There are some red hens (?) that stick together but 2 of the 3 came from the same NON Free range farm. The 3rd one I picked up free B/C she bullied others, in a coop. Now they're ALL free range. No Coop. I haven't Noticed certain breeds staying around their same, aside from those 3..I think those 3 have more Ego than's due...:rolleyes::duc. It's a RIOT when they wait in line for a particular laying spot. :lau:gig
I'm VERY fortunate; Rescued an abused Walker Hound, With a sharp Nose. If she smells something, she crawling up the door....Don't usually have issues with her around.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom