Chicken keeps breaking open quail eggs

Emelyn

Crowing
Mar 14, 2021
-
My quails and chickens share a coop and I made a section for my quail. Somehow whenever I collect my quail eggs I always see that it's broken into or when I accidentally drop one my chickens come running over to break and eat it. I have some white play doh and I was wondering if I could sculpt a realistic looking quail egg and then I put black dots over it and let it dry. If I put the fake quail egg in the coop will it be toxic for the chickens or will it discourage the chickens from eating quail eggs again. (Here's what the play doh eggs sort of should look like)
Amazon.com: Amosfun 50pcs Easter Artificial Bird Eggs Foam Quail Eggs  Colorful Fake Painting Prop Food Toy for Easter Home Garden Ornaments: Toys  & Games

My quails and chickens share a coop and I made a section for my quail. Somehow whenever I collect my quail eggs I always see that it's broken into or when I accidentally drop one my chickens come running over to break and eat it. I have some white play doh and I was wondering if I could sculpt a realistic looking quail egg and then I put black dots over it and let it dry. If I put the fake quail egg in the coop will it be toxic for the chickens or will it discourage the chickens from eating quail eggs again. (Here's what the play doh eggs sort of should look like)
Amazon.com: Amosfun 50pcs Easter Artificial Bird Eggs Foam Quail Eggs  Colorful Fake Painting Prop Food Toy for Easter Home Garden Ornaments: Toys  & Games

If you want to make fake eggs, use Sculpey Oven Bake Clays. I use them to make my fake guinea eggs.

It may or may not discourage the chickens but it won't hurt to try it.

Back
Top Bottom