Chicken keeps tipping over!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by peeps7, Dec 28, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    My grandma has a hen that won't stand up. When she starts to walk she tips over. What could be wrong with her?

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    It could be a lot of things. A leg/foot issue, or a mental issue. Is she eating, drinking, pooping? Runny eyes, nose? Does she seem alert?

3. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    She didn't drink any sugar water but she seems pretty alert.

4. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    If she starts to do somthing like the following-- drop head between legs backs up and falls over
    then it could be crookneck. Brain inflamation. Get her to the vet for some prednisone. If you need more help or info on this let me know. I have delt with this a few times with my silkie chickens of different ages with great results.[​IMG]

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    She didn't get in your grand father's corn jug, did she?[​IMG] Not really tring to be funny, but if they eat corn that has started to frement, they will act drunk.

6. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I was visiting my grandma and I'm home now so I don't know if she died or not. Now I'm back home with my own healthy chickens. [​IMG] Thanks for the advice tho.

7. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:Personally I think the Rhode Island Red is pushing her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by