Chicken lady-in-training

Woof, no one can blame you for forgetting with all the other lives you're taking care of!

The monthly hatch-a-longs are just that: threads where people set eggs at the same time, post their progress and--hopefully--everyone's eggs hatch on the same day! The upcoming October event is scheduled to have peepers pipping on Halloween night which is perfect since Halloween events and parties are gonna be a bust for a lot of folks this year.
Ooooohhh man..I'm in troubblleeee 😍😍😍😍😍

Hello, Karen, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Quote Reply
Thank you! I see that handsome fella in your profile pic, we also have a Dob, his name is Alpha, he's 4 years old. He was diagnosed with diet related DCM last spring, they gave him 6 month to 2 years, but he's still kicking! Beautiful dog you have there!

Thank you! I see that handsome fella in your profile pic, we also have a Dob, his name is Alpha, he's 4 years old. He was diagnosed with diet related DCM last spring, they gave him 6 month to 2 years, but he's still kicking! Beautiful dog you have there!
I saw that.
That is my beautiful Bella in my Avvy. I adopted her just before the new year. She just turned 5 in August. This is her enjoying our new car!
IMG_20200912_085816483.jpg

Sorry to read that your boy has DCM. I've lost 3 to it. Two had sudden death. One wasn't even diagnosed but I had enough experience with it to know what had happened to her.

All three of these dogs had it. Abby, the fawn, Dylan, the black and Bridget, the red.
Bridget-Dylan-Abby_Race Point Beach.jpg

I assume Alpha has been put on Pimobendan, benazepril, and furosemide. The Pimo is expensive. Contact Carefirst Specialty Pharmacy in NJ. They compound the Pimo there for a MUCH better price than Vetmedin is sold for. It will save you lots of money.

How exactly did your vet diagnose him specifically with diet related DCM? 40% of all Dobermans will get DCM and it will likely be what kills them. It has a strong link to genetics. I would have my doubts that diet caused his DCM. Does he by chance also have hypothyroidism?

Back
Top Bottom