Chicken laid 9 eggs

If my chicken laid nine eggs does that mean there are babies inside them she laid them all at once ?
Chickens lay one egg a day, 9 eggs in one day, or all at once isn't possible.

No, eggs don't automatically have baby chicks inside them. Eggs fertilize by a rooster then incubated for a few days will develop chicks. It takes 21 days for a chick to hatch from an egg, within those days the chick is developing.

If the eggs aren't fertilized no chick will get to develop.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question? Hens can't lay more than one egg a day, and they won't be fertile unless she is with a rooster
My first layer laid 2 at a time every other day for about a week before she stopped and went to one a day. Granted it was probably still the one egg for each day and she just had trouble working out how to lay them at first but it can be more than 1, but certainly not 9.

If my chicken laid nine eggs does that mean there are babies inside them she laid them all at once ?
If you don't have a rooster you will have only unfertilized eggs. Do you have a rooster? Why do you think she laid them all at once? That doesn't sound like something that could or should happen, did you just find them all in the nest and assume they all were laid at once? Hens will keep laying in a box even if it already has eggs in it. It's a good idea to collect them every day.

Back
Top Bottom