Chicken laid a very small egg…

Sep 3, 2022
I believe it is the new chickens laying the tan eggs. But one of them laid an extremely small egg. I haven’t cracked it open yet. Is it normal after moving chickens to a new home? He said they were bought at TS Oct 2021 so they are coming up on a year old.

Attachments

• 1822EEBA-217B-4744-AF18-DC8D6C5E683A.jpeg
    1822EEBA-217B-4744-AF18-DC8D6C5E683A.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 9FAFCD5F-AF62-4D2D-9A4D-4FF5492B94B3.jpeg
    9FAFCD5F-AF62-4D2D-9A4D-4FF5492B94B3.jpeg
    505.3 KB · Views: 4
I believe it is the new chickens laying the tan eggs. But one of them laid an extremely small egg. I haven’t cracked it open yet. Is it normal after moving chickens to a new home? He said they were bought at TS Oct 2021 so they are coming up on a year old.
Yep! It’s a fairy egg, sometimes young or stressed hens will lay them. ( they normally are just egg white, for some reason the yolk didn’t get released.)

Yep! It’s a fairy egg, sometimes young or stressed hens will lay them. ( they normally are just egg white, for some reason the yolk didn’t get released.)
Agree
A fairy egg is also sometimes just extra egg, it may have a very tiny yolk. They will not be fertilized. Mature hens will lay them too. It’s normal, so don’t worry to much.🙂

I haven’t cracked it open yet.
Take another pic once you do.
Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.

Is it normal after moving chickens to a new home?
Moving causes stress, could be (or not) related to the move.

Take another pic once you do.
Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.

Moving causes stress, could be (or not) related to the move.
I forgot to get a photo! My hubby freaked out about eating it and poured it down the drain before I added more eggs or get a photo.

Back
Top Bottom