Chicken laid one egg then stooped!

:welcome :frow She is a pullet and often times they will lay their first egg and not lay another one for awhile while other will keep laying. They have to work out the kinks. Since you free range they may have a spot you don't know about and laying eggs there. You're lucky that the predators haven't discovered them yet. Good luck and have fun...

:welcome :frow She is a pullet and often times they will lay their first egg and not lay another one for awhile while other will keep laying. They have to work out the kinks. Since you free range they may have a spot you don't know about and laying eggs there. You're lucky that the predators haven't discovered them yet. Good luck and have fun...
I hope she's not hiding her eggs else where... We've searched the whole backyard and nothing.

Any space they can squeeze into like under a porch. They will find a good hiding place or maybe they aren't really laying yet. Luckily mine are laying in their nest boxes but I put golf balls in the nest boxes and they have gotten the hint. Again, good luck...
We have one who is laying in the nesting box. Hopefully she can teach the others to lay there too. We do have a porch so I will have to look deeper and make sure there are no straggling eggs. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom