Chicken Laws in Northglenn CO (Part of Denver)

ColoradoEngr

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2016
Denver area
My city is currently reviewing regulations that will allow us too keep backyard chickens and bees.
fl.gif

https://www.northglenn.org/chickens

I already sent my ward representatives my opinion on the matter along with why I think they should be allowed.

If anyone wants to help (send emails to some of the city council or something) or can think of anything else I can do to help this process along it would be appreciated!

Just listened to the Audio from the meeting (This one wasn't public). They still have to schedule two more meetings to vote and confirm the new rules but it looks like we will be able to own 6 chickens, 20 ft from any residence( yours or your neighbors) and all that is required is a $25 fee when you tell the city you are going to have them. On a side note it looks like hey are going to allow 2 two beehives as well.
woot.gif

I'll post with more updates in the future

Ya everything I heard via audio from the council was positive. No one was saying anything negative about it. A couple actually sounded excited.

I am so happy to see this update! I've been strongly in support of this since moving to Northglenn a few years ago and have been contacting my council members. I hope it doesn't take any unnecessary struggle, but I'll be at the public hearing on May 9. I can't wait to have some new friends in my backyard!

Yep I will be there as well. Hopefully everything continues to look good. Glad there are others from Northglenn watching this forum! Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom