Chicken laying feed question

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
So I have 4 black Australorps, 4 RIR, and 4 buff Orpingtons. The Australorp‘s and RIRs Will start laying between 18 and 20 weeks old( they are all 9 weeks old now) but the buff Orphington‘s are going to start laying until around 24 to 26 weeks. When the Australorps and RIR start laying and I give them layer food can the buffs eat later food until they start laying or what do I do?

So I have 4 black Australorps, 4 RIR, and 4 buff Orpingtons. The Australorp‘s and RIRs Will start laying between 18 and 20 weeks old( they are all 9 weeks old now) but the buff Orphington‘s are going to start laying until around 24 to 26 weeks.
Put out a container of Oyster Shells after 15 weeks old and feed a Non-medicated Starter Grower feed after 15 weeks old.
When the Buffs start to lay you can switch to a Layers feed, or continue feeding a Non-medicated Starter Grower feed with Oyster Shells separately. GC

If your worried about the extra calcium intake for the buffs you could feed All Flock or Flock Raiser and offer oyster shell until everyone is laying.😊 But over the course of a few weeks I don't think it's going to harm the none layers, since it's not over an extended period of time.
OK if you don’t think it’ll harm them I should be good. I was kind of thinking the same thing but wasn’t entirely sure

Back
Top Bottom