chicken leashes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DucksN'Horses, Oct 10, 2011.

1. DucksN'Horses

DucksN'Horses Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2011
    Alright, so i was remebering when I was around 10, I had 2 mille fleur hens, Ruby and indiana jones, which bought at a local fair and kept in my best friends chicken coop (we tryed to blend them in with her other chickens so her parents didn't know, we suspect they caught on, but never really cared) and one day in a we bought rabit/ferrit harnesses at agway, and strapped them on (it fit around their head and then under both of their wings) and we started walking them, everyday we walked our chickens (oblivious to the strang looks people gave us, we thought they were just jealous) we then started taking them on bike rides (on chicken in the basket, 2 chickens in the little wagon we would tie to the back of the bike) we even took them trick or treating as part of our costums (though a few people screamed when they moved and we had a few doors slammed on us) I'm just realizing now how tame and tolorant those poor chicken had to be of us [​IMG] bless them [​IMG]
    does anyone else have any cute stories like this, has anyone else taken their chicken on a walk like a dog?

2. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    heard about a Silkie in a stroller not long ago, lol.

3. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    I loved your story and am so glad you have tamed your chickens enough to really interact with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by