chicken leg injury help

balloon master

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2022
Two days ago a fox managed to attack my chickens, luckily I was there and immediately took the chickens inside where I checked them out for any injuries. I noticed that one had a limp with a drooping wing and I isolated her in a crate with food and water to allow her to heal. After two days there has been nearly no improvement as she can stand on it but it when she walks she still limps quite badly with her wing still drooping. Am I being impatient or is there anything else i can do to help her heal? I’ve checked and it appears that she has no broken bones or bumble foot. I’d love some help as she is usually so energetic and it’s horrible to see her not as her usual self :/

Two days ago a fox managed to attack my chickens, luckily I was there and immediately took the chickens inside where I checked them out for any injuries. I noticed that one had a limp with a drooping wing and I isolated her in a crate with food and water to allow her to heal. After two days there has been nearly no improvement as she can stand on it but it when she walks she still limps quite badly with her wing still drooping. Am I being impatient or is there anything else i can do to help her heal? I’ve checked and it appears that she has no broken bones or bumble foot. I’d love some help as she is usually so energetic and it’s horrible to see her not as her usual self :/
Can you post pics? Especially of her droopy wing and leg?

Also, I’d post this in the injuries/diseases/ cures thread instead of predators thread.

Back
Top Bottom