Chicken lethargic won't move, head down, convulses, happened suddenly

SO sorry to hear about your girl....
hit.gif

We lost another one overnight and one more does not seem right today. When I went out to check on them this morning she was laying down and didn't run to me. She always runs to me. I brought her in the house and fed her garlic and onions and some water. She ate it up and can move around some but is very lethargic still and prefers to lay down. She doesn't have a droppy neck yet and can get up freely but chooses not to most of the time.

In doing more research could it be botulism? My BF went fishing and gave them the remains from the fish. They loved the fish. We have 15 girls left in the run. We moved the coop and run today so it isn't near any fish guts/juice remains.

I don't know what else to do
sad.png

Both birds that passed away and the sick one now are all dominiques, the bo, slw, rir, and ees don't seem to be sick yet. crossing fingers. Are dominiques are weaker breed?

You need to replace feed in case there's mold in it. You need to think about plants that are toxic or other toxins placed in the area and botulism from some form of compost.

Will replace feed. The only new factor that i can think of that may have caused this is the fish??? The sick one is eating sunflower seeds, onions and garlic and will drink a little water. She can move around on her own but prefers to lay down. She is not getting any worse but not any better either. No other girls appear to be sick.

Aspergillosis is caused by moldy grains. You need to pull the current batch of food.

Back
Top Bottom