Chicken limping after accident

deonnal

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2015
hi

I have 3 - 13 week old buff Orpington pullets. We had an extension ladder on its side leaning against the house and evidently the cat jumped on it and knocked it over onto one of the chicks. Thank The Lord I was out there when it happened and was able to rush over and rescue her because she was trapped on her side. It makes me so sad just thinking about it again. Overall she seems to be doing fairly well although she's been limping ever since. I've felt the leg up and down and it doesn't seem like it's broken. She doesn't squawk when I press on it all the way up and down. My question is should I separate her from the other two because, of course, she doesn't want to be alone so all day yesterday she just hopped around following them everywhere. I just want to do what's best for her and make her the most comfortable but she seems less comfortable around me, but I think she needs to rest and stay off of it.

Update: limping looks a little better this morning. I went ahead and brought her inside this morning and she just keeps "honking" looking for the other birds. She won't relax. Just keeps jumping out of the box and looking around.

Back
Top Bottom