Chicken loosing feathers,and biting

Ortiz5954

Chirping
May 14, 2015
Hey everyone,
One of my girls is loosing feathers, first started on neck but I thought those was from rooster because they are slowly growing back but now she has a bare bottom.Started biting also.Suggestions,concerns?

Thanks!!

How old is she, sounds like a molt, whether partial of full, she's biting because it hurts them to be touched during a molt and they don't feel well, best to leave her be for a while.

Thx,
She's 8 months,I am puzzled was torn between that and her missing the roo that just passed and was bored, or her getting mad after my husband took the egg she was sitting on. It was the last of what we thought was fertile eggs and we had them marked but he had no clue so we kept hiding em back in there.She wasn't sitting on it all the time though and we are not 100% it was fertile but she made quiet a fuss.In the meantime we are putting some boredom busters out there and we will keep our distance from her for now. Thx for the tip on touching I learned something new with molting!!

Is she broody, does she puff up and screech at you. They will also bite when broody, or sometimes when taking eggs out from under them.

Back
Top Bottom