Chicken losing feathers

birdywingz

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m kind of concerned for my hen, Cider, because out of nowhere she started losing feathers. Molting now would be strange I thought because she usually molts around fall-winter and it’s summer currently. She is almost 2 years old and has gone through 2 molts already.
I’ve checked her for mites/ticks and found nothing. Her diet hasn’t changed and she is acting quite healthy, also the weather is normal so I have no idea why she is losing so many feathers.
If anyone has any ideas of what’s going on I would appreciate it. Thank you!! :)

Hi everyone! I’m kind of concerned for my hen, Cider, because out of nowhere she started losing feathers. Molting now would be strange I thought because she usually molts around fall-winter and it’s summer currently. She is almost 2 years old and has gone through 2 molts already.
I’ve checked her for mites/ticks and found nothing. Her diet hasn’t changed and she is acting quite healthy, also the weather is normal so I have no idea why she is losing so many feathers.
If anyone has any ideas of what’s going on I would appreciate it. Thank you!! :)
My chickens molt twice a year usually. Right when summer starts though it's only a few of their downy feathers.
Feather fixer works for me!

Back
Top Bottom