Chicken lost the back of her neck?

:confused: Sorry, don't know the answers to those questions. You're getting great advice from @azygous and @Eggcessive, they're two of the most knowledgeable folks here on BYC.

I'm not that smart, I just happened to be one of the first ones on scene here when you needed help. Kind of a first responder till the Big Guns show up, lol.

(Psst, you're in the top half of the globe, lol) 😉
Love this response

Hey guys! She’s doing alright. Eating and drinking. She even started laying eggs in her hospital room. We’ve had some super nice weather the past few days so we let her go outside. Initially she was separated for a day so they could hang out through a fence.. then with the ladies under supervision.. then we let her be. I have never seen a chicken so happy to take a dust bath 🤣 however! She’s been looking a little pale around her face? Her ears have been permanently pale. And her eye goes white on and off. We did treat everyone for mites recently.. she’s still eating and drinking. And the eggs, of course. So.. I’m not sure what it could be? She won’t touch vitamin water tho. Cuz she’s spoiled. She wants fresh sink water or dirty mud puddle water.. there’s no inbetween. I’ll attach some pictures of her color right. Her eye was totally white when we brought her inside to sleep.. it’s pinked up a little but it’s still pale. @BigBlueHen53

Paleness usually indicates anaemia. To be honest she doesn’t look too bad to me. A little bit of raw beef liver is an excellent treat to boost iron. My chickens go pale sometimes (they are lead-affected, which causes anaemia) and ever since I started giving a little bit of beef liver to everyone 2x a week, everyone’s combs etc are nice and red. Just an idea :hugs I’m glad she’s doing better!

Back
Top Bottom