Chicken lover outside Baltimore, MD

DitziChick

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
Ellicott City, MD
Hey there new friends! I'm still new to the chicken world, although I have two 3-yr-old Dominiques, 3 Phoenix bantam pullets, 1 D'Uccle mille fleur pullet and two Golden Sebright roos. I raised the Dominques to help with a program at a historic house museum in Western Md. My job moved, so the girls haven't been in the program, but I sure love the hens. I moved them to a farm animal sanctuary to be part of the education program there, and got six straight run bantams for my coop at home. I thought I had five pullets and one roo, but now both Sebrights are crowing. They startle much easier than the Dominiques, but they are so cute. I would have them in the house, but we have two cats.

My husband claims he hates chickens, but he helps with them and seems to enjoy them when we are outside. I loved building the small A-frame coop and learning how to best care for birds. I trained and showed dogs for over 25 years. I never really liked birds until I thought they are ideal as portable (small) farm animals for education programs. Now they are just spoiled pets! I really enjoy spending time with them.

I'm hoping to meet some folks in MD to share information, etc.

Greetings from Kansas, DitziChick, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard!! Make sure you visit the Maryland thread in the link below. Good luck and have fun with your birds!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Back
Top Bottom