CHICKEN MADNESS STRIKES AGAIN!

Eggscaping

Enjoying Life!
Dec 4, 2018
Lakeside, Oregon
Off we go to Cascade Farm Supply~

Oh, look...tubs of BABY CHICKS!!
What kind are they....OH...those are breeds we've been interested in!
But...we have an established flock that are laying well...
BUT....BUT....THEY'RE SO CUTE!
How lucky! There is an employee who actually knows what everything is, so he can identify the chicks...and he has had experience with the breeds, he keeps some of them himself!
But...but...
Oh....Sapphire Gems....Black Australorp...Barred Rocks...Delawares....
YES, PLEASE...TWO OF EACH!!

.....sigh....

You were doomed the minute you walked in the door :lol:

I'm impressed the store employee knew what he was talking about.

You were doomed the minute you walked in the door :lol:

I'm impressed the store employee knew what he was talking about.
I’ve noticed at TSC or similar stores they look at me crazy especially when I ask a question like “where is the 50lb bag of oyster shell?” Then they say “we don’t carry “oyster shell” and walk away laughing. Even though they do carry oyster shell. :idunno(Usually I buy oyster shell from the local feed store, but they’ve been out for months)

Though at the local feed store, they’re super nice, and are very helpful. If I ask what their favorite all flock feed is, they happily help me. They also know their chicks, and one time I went to buy chicks and they could tell it was male so didn’t give it to me! Most of the employees own chickens too. That’s why I love smaller business’ than large chain stores.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed at TSC or similar stores they look at me crazy especially when I ask a question like “where is the 50lb bag of oyster shell?” Then they say “we don’t carry “oyster shell” and walk away laughing. Even though they do carry oyster shell. :idunno(Usually I buy oyster shell from the local feed store, but they’ve been out for months)

Though at the local feed store, they’re super nice, and are very helpful. If I ask what their favorite all flock feed is, they happily help me. They also know their chicks, and one time I went to buy chicks and they could tell it was male so didn’t give it to me! Most of the employees own chickens too. That’s why I love smaller business’ than large chain stores.
I agree. For our feeds, shells, and so on, we go to a small, nearby feed shop. VERY nice people and we love the drive out there!

Back
Top Bottom